Saturday, October 11, 2008

A New Do


So Emma is now going through the mohawk phase. Hopefully this will be the only time she ever has one. Still, I can't resist seeing the mohawk and not styling it and taking pictures.

I did the same to Michael when he was this age. :)


So anyways, I was also hoping for some advice. With Michael I didn't do anything about his mohawk but brush his hair forward. But with Emma I was wondering if I should try to use that long hair to style in some way. Any ideas? I was thinking about a top ponytail. What do you guys think? And how do you get a ponytail to stay in baby fine hair? Any suggestions and ideas would be great! Thanks.

4 comments:

CharlieJo said...

i'm all about the tiny ponytail ontop. When my 4 yr old had that much hair,that's what I did. My 16 month doens't have that much hair yet. lol. They have small elastics you can get real cheap a the store that hold it up really well, and then you can use a girly hair clip. :] just a thought. I think the tiny pony tail is really cute on babies!

Em

Andrea said...

Make a little pigtail on the top. I love when babies have one that sticks right up like they have a horn or something. Abby ususally will pull out whatever I put in her hair, but small elastics last for a while so you should get some of those. I got a box of them at Target (3 different sized elastics) for $3.

the Rowleys said...

Thanks for the comments. I'll have to go find those small elastics. Then I can take pictures for everyone to see. :)

Brown Family said...

Those small elastics are awesome! I still use them in Shayla's hair. At Walmart they have a pack with six colors (really three colors, but three of them are more transparent), and the pack has hundreds. They last a very long time.

Here's my advice if you use them, though. Don't try to get them out the same way you would with your own hair!!! I use baby nail clippers and just cut them out. That way she doesn't get mad when her hair gets tangled in them, and she doesn't resist when I go to put more in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...