Sunday, October 5, 2008

Making Beds


So ever since we moved Michael into a "big boy bed" about 2 months ago, I decided that I would show him each morning how to make his bed. Sure this may seem like an impossible task for me to expect a 2 year old to make his own bed. But I figure if I don't teach him now then when? And will he want to do it then, while now he is in this "I do it myself" stage. So every day when Michael wakes up I tell him that he has to say his morning prayers, use the bathroom, and make his bed before he can have breakfast. Usually I help him with the prayers and bed making. But this morning he said "NO, I do it myself." So I stayed in the living room. I heard him in his room say "in the name of Jesus Christ amen!" (I believe that is the only part of paryer he said, but hey it is something) He came out and announced he had said his prayer by himself. :) Then he went to make his bed by himself. When he came out to announce his bed made by himself, I couldn't help but go and check. I thought I would see all the blankets bunched up but on his bed. I found a very neatly made bed (for a two year old). I was so happy and Michael was beaming that he did it himself. We hi fived and headed to the kitchen for his breakfast. I had to show you the picture of his bed, I am just so impressed. (Ok, so I am a bias mom, but hey I can tell on my kids. :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hooray! So glad you've joined the ranks. You should read my first blog about how I thought blogs were so dumb when I was first introduced to them 7 years ago. :) Then again, that was before the average joe was writing them. I'm so happy to keep up-to-date on pics, so keep 'em coming.

You're good -- I don't even make my own bed, and I obviously haven't convinced any of my kids to since I don't ... :S

Andrea said...

Okay, Super Mom! You've just given me great ideas before breakfast -- making bed, morning prayers... Allen isn't potty trained yet but hey, we can practice.

Thanks for this post! I thought his bed looked adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...