Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sickies

Last night I started to come down with a cold. And all through the night I would wake up feeling like a Petri dish, I could feel the germs dividing and growing. In the morning I felt terrible with a sore throat and headache. Then I faced the dilemma, do I go to church or stay home. I always feel guilty staying home when there are things I have to do. Usually I am one that just toughs it out. I think I learned that in High School where if you didn’t miss any days you didn’t have to take the finals. I can’t tell you how many days I went to school sick. Which lead to me attending school with 2 ear infections and strepthroat, as well as embarrassing stories of me throwing up at school. But now being a mom and having little ones, I am changing my view of sickness. If people are sick I would rather they stay home and not spread it to my family. This is hard for me, I feel like I am letting people down when I don’t show up. But I know it is better to take a day off and rest so I can get better as well as not spreading the germs around. So today I stayed home and rested and let Kent take care of the kids, who also had colds.
While Emma and I were resting apparently Kent and Michael had a blast building a train track. Male bonding, oh what fun! Thanks Deckers for the train and tracks, they are being put to good use. :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I need to get Allen one of those train sets! He would LOVE it.

Hope you start to feel better. Being sick is the worst for the mom, I think, but it sounds like Kent is helping out.

Brown Family said...

The best is when you can stay home and send Kent and the kids to church!!! :)

I've learned from a friend to quarantine kids from nursery the week before a family vacation since many people bring sick kids anyway. We did it for the first time last week, and this vacation was the first one we didn't have to give Shayla any medicine (decongestant). Hooray!

Hope you're feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...