Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Answer!!

So the other day I was preparing to go to bed on the couch in hopes of catching Michael out of bed before he woke up Emma. I was there when at 11pm I saw his bedroom light turn on and shortly after he came out of his room. I quickly ushered him back into his room. Then it hit me, he wanted a light on, but his bedroom light was too bright that it didn't let him sleep. So I grabbed the nightlight from the hallway and put it in his room. He didn't come out at all after that, and I didn't see him until 7:30am the next morning. I wondered if it was too good to be true, so I wanted to see how the next night would go. He went to bed with no struggle and never came out in the middle of the night! A nightlight was the answer. If I'd only known it would be that easy! Thinking back it makes complete sense. Up until about 3 weeks ago I had the baby monitor in his bedroom. I wanted to hear his breathing at night (he'd had another bad asthma session), and the baby monitor has a built in nightlight. I never thought that the nightlight made any difference. When his breathing got better I took the baby monitor out to use for Emma. And that is when the sleeping problems began. To add to it if Michael does not sleep at night he will not take a nap during the day, and if he doesn't nap during the day he doesn't sleep well at night. So this whole time I was thinking Michael was just giving up on his naps altogether, but after we got him sleeping at night again, he has been taking good naps once again. YEAH!! of course hindsight is 20/20, I just wish I would have figured it out sooner!

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

So glad you figured out such a quick, easy solution! Hilarious (in hindsight) how easy it can be if we only know what's going on!

Cool slideshow. :)

Andrea said...

I'm there with you! We were having sleep battles with Allen too, but only for the past two weeks. (You poor thing handling it for 3). We did nightlights too but now I just leave the door cracked (which Abby had to get used to because she likes it dark) and he is trained to stay in bed or I will close the door. He sleeps better now. But then I also found out he had ear infections so that also played into the sleep issues.

Shauna said...

Hi Christina! Great to see your blog and adorable children!
Technology is wonderful for keeping us all connected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...