Friday, September 25, 2009

Learning Empathy

I figure I must have been due a lesson on empathy. You see, Kent is very much a macho man. If he is injured, sick, etc. he will not complain all that much and just tough it out. So when he was having a lot of back pain, he complained some at home, asked for a few massages, yet went to work each morning and did all that he had to do. So I guess I didn't give him too much sympathy. I was fine letting him come home and go in straight to rest while I handled all the night time things, but I didn't really "take care" of him.

So then the other day I woke up to find major pain when I moved! Kent was already at work and I just wondered how on earth I would be able to take care of two little ones with such pain. A long hot bath didn't help, so I set up the movies and lay on the couch while kids watched movies/snuggled with me laying down. I was lucky to get them feed and Emma's diapers changed. Luckily for me Kent was home early that day so I was able to get in to the chiropractor and learn that my tail bone was out, which gave me the lower back pain, pain in my right leg, and made it so that I couldn't bend over in the slightest. I figure God was just telling me I need to have more sympathy now empathy for my hard working husband.

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

So sorry to hear it!!! What caused that?!? My sister had that after giving birth, but Emma's a little old to think it's related ...

I once had a back problem and it was horrible with my two little ones, who were probably about the ages of your kids. Sure hope you get it resolved soon! Love to you (especially since we can't be of any help from here)!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...