Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


So this year Dad’s birthday fell on a Monday. Thanks Denise for the wonderful idea to do FHE and celebrate his birthday! So we packed up our kids and took them to Grandpa’s gravesite. I was a bit worried about how it would go as it had been raining a lot that day, and was still lightly raining. Plus the sun was starting to set, I was worried that it would go dark on us. But when we arrived, the rain stopped and the sun showed through the clouds, and held on long enough for us to visit, talk about Grandpa, and sing happy birthday to him. I think Dad was smiling down on us, helping us out. So we talked to Michael about how Grandpa’s body is buried there, but that his spirit is in heaven. (Which is a very hard concept for a 3 year old!) At home I showed Michael and Emma pictures of Grandpa, unfortunately they were never able to meet him. But some day they will. :) So anyways, Happy Birthday Dad! We love you and miss you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful Christina. I'm glad you are carrying on Dad's memories with your kids. I'm sure they got a parting hug from Grandpa as they headed down to earth.

Shauna said...

What a perfect way to spend your dad's Birthday. I am sure he was there and very pleased!

Andrea said...

That's a great idea and the "fieldtrip" part of actually going will make more of an impact on the kids. I'm sure M will remember that activity.

Brown Family said...

Glad you were able to visit his grave site. Paul and I have only seen the headstone once right before we moved. I'll compile all the stories people give so we can share it w/our kids every year. I think only Kylee and Becca (and maybe Cameron?) are old enough to remember Grandpa Brown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...