Thursday, March 12, 2009

Celebrating

I am loving the fact that Michael is now old enough to realize what is happening, and learn traditions. This last Christmas is the first that he has really talked about, and he still points out “Christmas trees” on the road as we drive by. So I wanted to make his 3rd birthday a fun one for him that he will remember.


Michael had been talking about wanting party hats and balloons for his birthday. So last night I made us birthday hats, and decorated the house. This morning we got a grand breakfast of crispy waffles, sausage, and eggs. Then I let Michael choose what to do all day today; play outside, watch TV, play with toys. We didn’t have to go anywhere, so today was a day to just play with the kids. (I love those days!) Then Michael helped me make his cake and frosting.



When daddy got home we had our birthday celebration with cake and presents. He was so adorable; he kept saying “Wow” and “Gosh” even before he got to the actual present. It was so much fun. And the best part about it is… I had bought his birthday presents already in December, during all the Christmas sales. So really all though things are tight, I already had the gifts for him and didn’t have to feel bad about either not getting him things, or for spending money. I’m glad for that inspiration to buy both Michael's and Emma’s birthday gifts in December.




Michael chose his cake, a white cake with chocolate frosting. (I’m not talented enough to make an actual design out of the cake, so his choices were the type of cake and the type of frosting). This was also the first time Emma got to eat cake. And boy did she enjoy it!



So thanks to all those out there with the wonderful birthday wishes for Michael. I had him watch the pictures and read to him the birthday greetings. He enjoyed them all. I can’t believe my little boy is now 3 years old! I still call him “Babe” I wonder when I will have to stop doing that? I hope not any time soon.

2 comments:

Denise said...

You can call him Babe as long as you want -- you may just have to stop doing it in public. :)

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing!!!

Andrea said...

What a fun birthday! You did a great job at making it special for your kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...