Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Homeschool: Myself

So for Social Studies I have planned to first learn about Self, then Family, then Community, along with any holidays that come along.  So one of the many activities we have done about "Myself" is the body outline.  I remember doing this so many years ago and had to do it with my kids.

I traced out their body, and had them color it in.  Both kids didn't believe that their outline was how big they really were.  They kept complaining that I drew them bigger than they are.




Then it was time to label their different body parts.  I let them choose what to label, but told Handsome it had to be at least 10 different things.  I also let him do his own spelling and didn't worry about it.  I got cute spelling of face as "fase" so close!  And hair as "har".  As well as eyes as "Ize".  And some he even got right like "tummy " and "finger".  He is learning fast, and we're having a blast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...