Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Adorable's First Solids


So today was the day that Adorable got to try his first solids.  Yes, we started him on rice cereal.  I had waited a little longer to start Gorgeous and really gave her very few mashed foods, she went straight to Cheerios, etc.  But Adorable was starting to watch us eat and looked very interested, plus I thought it might help him sleep better through the night (cross fingers) so here we go!

I have discovered that it is so much fun to have older kids with a baby.  They thoroughly enjoy each step along with me.  Handsome wanted so badly to feed Adorable, so I let him.  I got the following set of pictures from it.




Adorable LOVES it! (see the I Love You sign he is making :)





So his morning meal was just a few bites and he was done.  Then lunch came and I had him try it again.  That time Adorable chowed down.  I ended up making 5 bowls (OK, so they were small bowls, but still 5 times!?!)  He loved the food. 

The other two really didn't eat much of the baby cereals, but Adorable is eating tons.  I am even lazy and don't bother to mix it with "mommy milk."  I just mix it with warm water.  As I started to compare, I realized that Adorable is much bigger than the other two were at this age, plus he is already crawling everywhere, when the other two were not.  So it seems he was ready for more food.  He ate 2 more bowls at dinner tonight.  Now let's just cross our fingers and hope it helps him sleep through the night!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What's even cuter is big brother's smiles at feeding his baby. Love it!

I've found my kids have different eating habits completely. Tyler and Zachary were great eaters, whereas Shayla wasn't so great. Austin has never been great, but now that he can feed himself he's very into it -- I actually haven't been able to feed him since 9 months since he wants to do it himself! But the boy is a pro w/a spoon now! :)

Carol said...

Yeah for Adorable--and what fun that Handsome got to feed him--missing everyone at your house--will be back in town soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...