Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Just a little random news of what has been happening in our lives.

Emma is no longer nursing. Of course not by her choosing, but by mine. I was done. And I can't tell you how nice it feels, to finally have my body to myself again. Other mom's will totally understand this. But I realized that I have either been pregnant or nursing for more than 4 years straight now. It's time to give my hormones a break and allow them to get back to some type of normal.

Michael had to give his first talk in primary! It was only the second Sunday that he had been in primary, and the first Sunday was the Bishopric. So I was worried that he really didn't know how others did it. So we practiced, memorized, practiced in the primary room with the microphone, and then just hoped it would work. He did have it memorized. In the end I said most of the talk. I the middle he got up the courage to say a sentence, but it was so sudden, that all the primary kids couldn't help but laugh, which made him nervous and not want to say any more. That same Sunday he was also the spot light, and he loved standing in front of everyone while our Secretary told everyone about him. He also got a pencil, which was the highlight of the day for him.

A few weeks ago Michael and Emma went to the dentist. We had been trying to get in for over a year now, but they didn't have any available times. So Emma finally went to see the dentist for the first time, and Michael for a 3rd time. They found that Michael had a cracked molar, in fact it was split in half! The dentist said it was the first time in his 10 years of practice that he had ever seen that. So he had to get the tooth pulled, to avoid infection. So later we made another appointment and Michael got the laughing gas, and had a grand time, as his molar was removed. He even got a balloon and three prizes for being so good. The hardest part was keeping Michael from running around all day after and figuring out soft food for him to eat with out a trip to the grocery store.

Another note. I so love being in primary with Michael! I love knowing what is happening. In our primary the kids say the months theme and scripture each Sunday, as well as work on an article of faith. A friend said how she incorporated the theme, scripture, and article of faith for the month with their nightly scripture study. As well as the song they are learning in primary for the program. I loved the idea, and although it makes Scripture time long, it is so worth it. I figured Michael was too young to memorize anything, and figured it was just good for him and Emma to hear them and Michael would be more familiar with it at church. Well, Michael has now memorized the first article of faith (this months scripture) and the 13th article of faith! (this months article of faith). Of course I don't think he will do it in front of primary (I know this from his talk experience) but it is wonderful to know that at 3 he has those already memorized! It would be awesome for him to have all the articles of faith memorized in a year! We'll see how it goes, but we are going to at least work on them as a family. I have video of Michael reciting both, but it seems to be too big of a file to upload here. Sorry, it is really cute!

Those are the happenings in our world. Sorry it's so long.

1 comment:

Denise said...

We're also working on memorizing the Articles of Faith -- if only my brain worked as quickly as the kids'! :)


I hope Michael and Emma loved the dentist as much as my kids do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...