Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Ok, so I am just happy that everything didn't die! But am excited about actually getting vegetables and fruit now to enjoy. Food you grow yourself just tastes better than store bought. :) We have now been enjoying cherry tomatoes (the orange and red type) strawberries, and cucumbers. We are anxiously watching and waiting for the big tomatoes, green beans, pumpkins, and carrots. I also hear I can plant lettuce again, I was bummed that I had missed the first growing time, but am excited I can do it again this summer! Next year I have visions of onions and broccoli as well. It just feels good to see the fruits of your labor. :)

2 comments:

Margot said...

I've heard rumors that onions and broccoli can be planted in the Fall too. I didn't know lettuce could be planted late, that's exciting!

I agree, the stuff you grow yourself does taste better.

Brown Family said...

So wish I were closer to enjoy your hard work! :)

Maybe next year for us ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...