Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Learning a New Skill

So I started learning a new skill, knitting. It has been fun. My goal is not to do big fancy projects; I just want to knit cute baby stuff. I had tried to learn before when Michael was a baby, but due to my bone tumor that got put on hold. Now I have tried it again. And thanks to my sister-in-law, Nancy, I have been able to learn and do a few projects. I couldn’t say anything earlier because I was knitting Christmas presents and baby gifts. So far I have been able to knit 4 scarves and 2 baby hats. My next projects are baby leggings and baby fingerless gloves (that is something I have just come up with, no pattern; we’ll see how it works out). So I’ll keep you posted when my new projects get done. In the mean time, here are some pictures of the projects I’ve completed. (now remember I am a beginner)

A cute hat for baby Guinevere (I hope it fits)
A scarf for a niece and nephew


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good for you. Those looked like they turned out great!

Brown Family said...

Becca also made a scarf, but not by knitting - by one of those round gadgets that maybe knits? Okay, I have no idea about any of them, but I sure like those scarves. good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...