Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Things They Pick Up

So yesterday I watched my two nephews for most of the day. It was fun and Michael had a good time. And then this morning Michael started calling me Christina. After all day of hearing his cousins call me Aunt Christina he decided to call me Christina too. After a few corrections of “you call me mommy” he has returned to calling me mommy. Also, Michael has many times called Kent “Hon” as I do.

Little ones truly are mirrors of what we do. I didn’t realize that I was saying “I’m so exhausted” so much, but apparently I was, and Michael quickly picked up on it. It made me laugh so hard the first time he said it. And he says it in such a cute way. At least I know I am expanding his vocabulary. Listen to him say “I’m so exhausted,” it’s cute.




This morning Emma woke up and Michael went into her room with me to get her and he said “hi gorgeous.” It was sooooo cute! I had to get a video clip of it.




And last, many times my cell phone rings and I am in the middle of a diaper change, or feeding Emma and so Michael will run to get the phone. He use to open it up and just listen so the poor people calling would think it was really weird and hand up. So I taught him to say “Hello, Michael speaking. Here’s my mommy.” And now it really works. Some times I have to remind him to say it, but he does. And when I know that it is my mom or Kent calling (thanks to different ring tones) I prompt him to say “Hello Grandma” or “Hello Daddy”. It's nice to have such a helper, and so cute too.

It is incredible how quickly little children pick up on things. It is so adorable and yet makes me nervous. He is watching everything I do; I’d better be a good example. Also, makes me super cautious about what he watches on TV, and who he is around.

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

I remember when I would tell the boys to do something and they started saying, "I'm too tired." I realized how I needed to say that less, too. If nothing else, kids are great teachers in their copy-cat ways ... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...