Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lincoln's Birthday = Gingerbread Cookies

To celebrate Abraham Lincoln's birthday we read books about Abraham.  Then I asked the kids, mostly Handsome, to tell me stories and important things that they remembered about Abraham.  Then we celebrated, the kids chose to make gingerbread men; 1) because there is a story about gingerbread men in the book about Abraham Lincoln we read and 2) because we had read a book called "Ginger Bear" that the kids liked.  I had never made Gingerbread cookies before, but we tried and they were good.





Handsome loved the smell of the dough.

 As I was adding ingredients the kids got to taste a few of them.  Some they liked, others not so much.  But when it was all mixed into the dough they liked it. :)

It was a fun way to learn and celebrate.  I'll have to remember this for the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...