Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our 4th

For our 4th of July the morning was spent with yard work.  Kent had to take the day to get some needed yard work done, and Handsome and Gorgeous loved helping (or playing in the dirt).  Then we did some fun preschool 4th of July activities.  And of course as tradition, we had to do a fruit pizza looking like the American flag to enjoy after our BBQ.


Since the kids were recovering from sickness and I now have it, we did a low key 4th.  Grandpa Rowley sent over some fireworks for the kids since they would miss the extended family ones.  Thank you Grandpa!  They did sparklers and poppers.  Handsome figured that the best way to get the poppers to pop was to jump really high and throw them while mid air.  That boy caught some air!  This is just one of the many mid-jump pictures I got of him.  I can't believe how high he can jump!


Then we got the kids ready for bed, Kent went to the family fireworks (something about fire and loud bangs that big boys love).  While I snuggled with our three little ones and watch firework displays on TV.  Plus I got to listen to one of my favorite singers, Josh Groban.  As we watched, the kids fell like flies saying they were tired.  So I tucked them into bed, one at a time.  Finally I was alone to enjoy the rest.  Also, I got to watch the neighborhood ones.  We live close to an Indian reservation so everyone buys the "good" kind of fireworks.  So to me it is like a professional display everywhere you look.  There were neighbors doing some right in front of our house that were nice to watch (this morning Handsome confessed that in his room he watched those out his window too). :)

I had a wonderful low key 4th.  If only I was feeling better to enjoy it more.  But overall it was a good one.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Mmmm...fruit pizza! My blueberry cake wasn't as yummy this year as I'd remembered from years past, so I think fruit pizza is going to be IT for next year! Well done on the decorating :) sorry to hear you were not feeling well on my FAVORITE holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...