Friday, March 18, 2011

Presents

Handsome's Birthday Present!

Yes, I finished it in time, with a few days to spare. I made for him a twin size quilt. It was made entirely out of "re-purposed" fabric. He was in need of a good big blanket, as all his blankets were still his baby blankets that were crib size. So using Daddy's and mine old jeans I cut them up, then using daddy's old pajama pants I used the flannel for the back. I knew I didn't have enough flannel, but was unsure as to what to do. Then a miracle took place. Maybe seeming as a little thing, but it was a blessing to me. The flannel sheets that Daddy and I LOVE on our king size bed, got a big hole. Yes they were just plan worn out. We were sad, we would miss our warm sheets, but we have others we can use. And what could have been seen as a sad thing, was a blessing to me. I then had enough to use on the back of Handsome's quilt.

My favorite thing about this blanket is that I included the pockets. The jean pockets on the front, as well as the pajama pockets on the back. I told Handsome that they were "hidden pockets" on the back. :) So now Handsome has a nice, heavy, warm, big blanket for him to use. :)



One of the hidden pockets.

I also have a nephew that just had a birthday. For his birthday we made him a super hero cape. I have to say out of the many I have made (I think 7 now) this is my absolute favorite. I of course use re-purposed sheets for the capes, and this sheet was a silky one. It just looked so cool as a cape. I may use the rest to make an "invisibility cloak" for Handsome and Gorgeous to play with.

And just a random picture of Handsome playing with Daddy. He was in a superhero mood, and Daddy had fun holding him up to "fly".

4 comments:

CharlieJo said...

what a great blanket! :) love it. so talented. oh I have all the material to make a few headbands..sitting on my kitchen table. hoping to make them this weekend!

Lanae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lanae said...

Matt has wanted me to make a denim quilt for him since we got married. I have to admit I am a bit afraid, having never sown much. You are an inspiration, Hansome's quilt is beautiful! Congrats on finishing such a great project. (I love the cape as well!)

Brown Family said...

Love the hidden pockets. So cute! And capes are awesome!!! Next family reunion maybe that's what we'll have to make for all the kids since I never got around to aprons this time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...