Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

So learning about Fall, Michael and I made our decoration for the front door. He fingerpainted the leaves I cut out. Then I wrote Fall and Michael sponge painted over it. I have to say I am loving the book, "Kitchen Table Play and Learn" by Tara Copley and Andrea Custer. It has themed lesson plans for preschoolers. Sure you can find lots online, but it is so nice to have them all together in one place in a lesson plan format, and online I got the book for around $3. It is awesome! So we had fun doing many lessons about Fall from it the last few weeks.

We had a good Thanksgiving yesturday. This year I didn't teach much about the actual Thanksgiving, but we focused on what we were thankful for. FHE was the Thankful lesson from the nursery manuel (I use it for all our FHE lessons). In the manuel it taught the kids to be thankful for; family, clothes, home, and food. So later as we were driving I decided to chat with Michael about what he was thankful for. Guess what he said?, "family, clothes, home and food." He had memorized it. I asked him if he was thankful for toys? "no" are you thankful for Emma? "No" are you thankful for mommy? "No". What are you thankful for? "family, clothes, home and food." I tried to explain that Emma and I were family, he didn't beileve it. So I see I have more teaching to do in that area. :)

We had a nice Thanksgiving with Kent's family. Each year it is tradition to make cranberry scones (my family tradition) so I was making those, and we all couldn't help but enjoy some fresh from the oven, nice and warm. The best! Then Michael asked me "Can I have another crannberry stepping stone?" Guess he didn't quite understand what a scone is.

Also Thanksgiving morning I made two turkeys, one for each (thanks for the idea Andrea!).
It has buttons that you use to put the feathers on and off. Great to work on the fine motor skills, and even better, a new something to work on/ play with while mom was cooking. :)

I am so grateful for this wonderful holiday to help remind me to have more gratitude for everything! I am not grateful nearly enough to our Heavenly Father for the COUTNLESS blessings He has given me! We are so blessed for loved ones- near and far, for our health, our home, and most of all for the knowledge of the Gospel here on the earth, with the priesthood power, and a living Prophet to lead and guide us. I could go on and on...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

Glad to hear you had a great day. When you said you made two turkeys, I thought you meant you cooked two turkeys. Phew! :)

We also made the cranberry scones, which the kids LOVE! They are always very happy to eat cranberry stepping stones. (What a cutie! :)

the Rowleys said...

sorry, I did write that wierd. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...