Friday, November 6, 2009

New Creations

Ok, so just some new creations we have at our house. I am just amazed each day as I see Michael doing more and more. I saw this picture and couldn't believe it. A race car on a race track. Can you see it too? Maybe it is just a mother thing. Michael also started drawing people with arms, legs, fingers, facial features, etc. Maybe it is the educator in me that is aware of these developmental milestones, but I love celebrating them.


Michael and his tower of blocks. :) He insists I take pictures of them before Emma knocks them down. It also helps him not be too upset when she does. He loves building things, so I thougth I would just throw this one in there. :)

And lastly, my new creation. I figured out a new style of fingerless gloves. If you have followed my blog for awhile you know that I have been trying to figure out fingerless gloves for Emma's sake (she has COLD hands, just like me). What's the saying? "Cold hands, warm heart"? If it's different don't tell me, I like to think of it that way. :) Anyways, I think I have found it. Plus I found the perfect yarn, washable wool, sport weight. Wool because it doesn't absorb water, but wicks it away, so when Emma sucks her thumb the entire glove doesn't get soaked. And they are machine washable, which is needed when you have little kids with gloves on their hands! They are simple, yet cute. Emma and Michael have a pair, now I need to make some for me as well. ;)

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

Do the fingerless gloves really work? The thing that gets cold on me is my fingers ...

the Rowleys said...

They keep Emma's hands warm. I was surprised at the difference. But I guess I'll have to make some for me to truely test them out. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...