Friday, February 6, 2009

Enjoy the Growth, Cherish the Memories

You love to see them learn and grow, yet each step of the way you miss the youth that is slowly slipping away.

Just the other day I went through Emma’s clothes. Putting away all her adorable 6 month outfits, morning the loss of those precious times. But then I got to pull out all of the 12 month size clothes, and excitement filled me knowing wonderful things are still to come.

Kent mentioned how Emma doesn’t cuddle anymore like she did so completely and totally as a little baby. He already misses that. And so do I, how can you not? But then I look at the little signs of growth and I feel like celebrating every little thing she does, how can you not?

I love it now that she can help me when I am dressing her. All I have to say is the position I am putting her in to get her clothed, and she helps me out. I enjoy our little babble conversations as we are “talking” to each other. And even though tough at times, I am so happy that she misses me and wants to always be where I am.

So time for a few cute stories of my adorable growing baby girl.

She has recognized that we do say prayer before we eat. And as we have our heads bowed and arms folded saying the blessing on the food, she quietly waits and stares from bowed head to bowed head (ok, so I have peeked :) and then as we all say “Amen” she is right there with us babbling her amen as well. I actually got it on video, but need to figure out how to edit it before I put it on a blog (I feel uncomfortable putting a video of a full prayer on display).

And here is one that I can put on for others to enjoy if they wish. Just a lunch conversation with Emma, she sure is a talker, but even more so I love how much she already understands, and it is evident in the video.



So I guess this is just a reminder to myself, to enjoy every precious moment with my little ones. They grow up so very fast! And to just enjoy each step of the way. Enjoy the growth, cherish the memories. What a blessing it is to be a mom!

4 comments:

Brown Family said...

And thank goodness for technology so we can capture those moments forever!!!

Andrea said...

She's so cute. Allen liked watching this video with me.

Margot said...

That video was adorable. In part because your little girl is so smart (and cute), but also because I could hear your little boy asking to "see it". I can only imagine that he was asking to see the video that you were taking. My three-old does this, even when I'm filming him.

Unknown said...

I'm up in the middle of the night with the flu. Enough about that.

But, That's so cute! She does know what you are saying. And it seems that brother helps fill in the gaps.

Mia is at the age of puting everything in her mouth, and I am trying to get a copy of a video of her opening her mouth every time someone gets her favorite toy bee close to her mouth.

They change so much just everyday don't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...