Monday, September 10, 2012

Science-observations

 
 
 

To start out our science this year we started with some observations of our garden, weather, and crickets. The kids had fun sitting in the shade and drawing our garden this year.

 

 
 We also listened to the crickets. Did you know that if you count the chirps of one single cricket for 14 seconds then add the number to 40 you have the temperature outside in Fahrenheit. The kids had fun listening to the crickets (who were making a lot of noise, it was HOT).
 
 

And I had to include the pictures of our garden. I am proud of it this year. Last year I didn't do it, I was raising a very little baby, and the year before was a failure as I became pregnant and couldn't stand any food, not even the food growing in my garden. So this year (although small) is a big accomplishment for me. We have lettuce, spinach, broccoli, carrots, corn, pumpkin, strawberries, blueberries, green beans, and tomatoes. And we have learned new things that we will be trying out next year.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...