Thursday, September 20, 2012

Math, Wind and Rain

School is off to a great start.  I am excited at how much we are able to get done and how little review we are having to do.  I love being able to jump right back into everything.
 

Math has been fun, I love how Handsome not only does what is ask but adds his own personality to it.  When told to put a hat on the 3rd kid in line, he puts a rainbow hat with all the colors of the rainbow in order.  Then continues to follow all the instructions only doing them in rainbows.  So much fun to be able to watch those creative brains at work.

Ahhhh... and science.  I got the curriculum "R.E.A.L. science 4 kids."  I have to tell you I love it.  Here are the kids with the anemometer we built.  Of course there has been no wind... but knowing where we live, we should have some chances to use it and record the wind speed in our area. 



And our rain gauge.  It was fun to build it on our own.  Sure we could have bought these things, but defiantly not as much fun as building it!  Again, NO RAIN since we made it.... but knowing where we are there should be plenty of chances to use it here soon.
 


Next up... we'll be making a weather vane and then with all our new weather instruments we will be recording the weather for a year.  I've never cared so much about science growing up... but this stuff is FUN!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Maybe I would have liked science if I did stuff like this. I always think I'll do stuff like this w/my kids during the summer, but then I get lazy. Good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...