Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas

So.... It seems I haven't gotten around to blogging about Christmas yet... I can't believe it!  So here it goes. :)

Every year it is tradition to open one present each on Christmas Eve, and it is usually PJ's.  But this year since Adorable and Gorgeous already had Christmas PJ's (thanks to the kindness of those who share clothes) Adorable got an ornament (a tradition that each kid gets an ornament their first year) and Gorgeous got a cute brand new outfit.



 Handsome was excited about new PJ's.  I realized that he was wearing ones that were 2 sizes too small!! I guess when no one else sees them you let them go a little too long. :)


Christmas day was wonderful.  This year I asked Santa to hide the stockings.  So much of the morning the kids were kept busy trying to find stockings, as Kent and I slept in. :)  Then when we got up it was a nice warm breakfast of eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls.  Followed by a little cleaning up, and as I was cleaning... I found the stockings!

Then we took turns opening presents.  The highlights;  Adorable got new shoes!  Gorgeous got pink princess slippers and pink sheets.  Handsome got a Lighting McQueen remote control car and a Harry Potter Lego set.  Daddy got 2 new body pillows, and I got the best surprise ever......







Kent had been working many hours at his sister's house working on my gift.  Bookcases that display the front of books.  I had shown him a picture on Pintrest of these bookcases and told him it was a dream to have some in a particular spot.  We both agreed it was a far out there dream and really I didn't expect to ever get them.  Then Christmas morning I saw these!


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!  And currently they are displaying the winter books.  I am so happy to have them.  Thanks to my wonderful Husband for a great Christmas surprise.

After the presents it was church, then home to cook Christmas dinner.  We were happy to have Kent's parents and my sister, Jana, join us for our Christmas dinner.

I hope you had a great Christmas too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...