Sunday, January 29, 2012

Anniversary Surprise

This last year, 2011, we celebrated our 9 year anniversary.  I thought it would be a simple one, and that was just fine by me.  The day of our anniversary Kent had to work and I did our normal routine.  I did a simple homemade gift for us.  Then the next morning, when I thought Kent would be getting up for work again I woke up and he handed me a paper that told me to get the kids clothes and stuff packed for 2 days worth. 

I was so shocked and surprised, and was still trying to wake up.  Apparently, he had previously arranged with 2 friends to have Handsome and Gorgeous stay the day and night with one family and a day and night with another family.  We kept Adorable with us.

So we got the kids packed and ready, and they were so excited to learn that they would be staying with friends.

Then it was off to do what we wanted, we went out to eat with just Adorable in tow, we rented movies to watch, and were finally able to have conversations without little ears listening in (Adorable doesn't count since he doesn't understand :).

It was a nice break from the norm of "mommy mode."  We only had to work around Adorable's schedule and that was easy compared to usually working around 3 little ones.

One of my favorite things was we finally cleaned out our bedroom, rearranged the room, and now I can go into our room and relax, the rest of the house may be a disaster, but at least my room is not! :)

I have such a wonderful, sweet husband!  I love you Kent.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That is an awesome, awesome, awesome gift! Way to go, Kent!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...