Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Mutton Bustin Boy!

I had never heard of Mutton Busting before, until a friend of mine said that her daughter, a friend of Handsom's was going to do it.  She asked if Handsome wanted to.  So I told him what it was and asked him.  "Sure!" was his response.  So we practiced at home some with me as the sheep, and holding on tight, and the fact that he would fall, but that was fine, everyone fell.  And so we went to the Puyallup Fair and my Big Boy did some Mutton Bustin!




All geared up and ready to go!

 On his Mutton in the gates about to go!



And he's Mutton Bustin!!!!!!

 Holding on tight!



And the fall off!  Look at him!  He went far!  Good job Handsome!

When he got back to me, and I took off his helment tons of dirt came out!  I looked at his back and there was dirt all over, up his shirt and in the line of his pants.  But he sure enjoyed every minute and wanted to do it again!

And while we were there NBC Dateline was filming.  They filmed me filling out the form for Handsome to ride.  They interviewed Handsome's friend about doing it.  And they filmed all the kids mutton bustin.  I still have to look them up to see if Handsome made it on TV. :)

(update) I found us on TV!!  Ok you only see us in the background, I am standing holding Handsome about to go next, and then you can hear them anouncing Handsome about to ride under the voice over (and yes, the anouncer pronouces our last name wrong, it seems to happen a lot).  We also saw our friends waiting in line. :)  It's a u-tube video here


2 comments:

Molly said...

What a brave kid!!

Carol said...

Yeah! Handsome! I finally got my computer back and saw the pictures and video (they're great!)--what a brave boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...