Monday, June 6, 2011

sympathy becomes empathy

I've always felt bad when my husband or Handsome get a cold that turns into asthma.  But now I guess you can say I have true empathy.  Last week I had a cold, I felt that I didn't need to slow down at all, and kept right on going with everything, guess I shouldn't have.   That's how I gained empathy, it went to my lungs and I experienced asthma.  Now three of us in the home have the same asthma medications.  But of course I would take asthma over Handsome having it any day, I know how I feel, it's TONS harder to gauge how he is feeling, especially when the meds make him hyper and he runs constantly until he can't anymore, then he can hardly breath!

1 comment:

Carol said...

So sorry you're having a rough time. I wondered why I hadn't heard from you--especially about the park. Hope you are feeling better today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...