Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jaundice

So Adorable has developed a case of Jaundice.   His little body is yellow, so I have been given the privilege to have to sit and cuddle with him during the days sitting in the sunlight.  I also get to nurse him often, and our wonderful midwife comes by daily to draw his blood.  She has been here in between conference sessions, as well as during Family Home Evening.  I feel like she is almost part of our family.  I have to say I am so thankful for the care of my midwife.  She is wonderful! 
Adorable is fortunately not bad enough to have to go under the special lights, yet bad enough to have his blood checked daily.  His poor little feet have many prick marks.  He has finally started to drop in levels, but not enough to be in the clear.  I so hope that today’s blood draw will be the last to show he is getting better.  And today is the first real day where I can see the blue sky and see the sunlight coming in our windows. 
                In the end it has been a blessing to have to cuddle and love my little Adorable, and rest myself as I sit with him.  And thanks to the many wonderful family, visiting teachers, and friends who have brought us dinner, and to my mother who has taken over the house chores and entertaining Handsome and Gorgeous.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...