Friday, August 26, 2011

Glad Five-Year-Olds Can't Vote

The other day I was watching Fox News and Handsome saw a clip where the Govenor of Texas was giving a speech about unemployment and Obama not doing his job in getting America back to work.

Handsome: "Is that true?"

Me: "What true?"

Handsome: "What that guy is saying."

Me: "Some people blame Obama because lots of Daddy's don't have work right now."

(We have been struggling with unemployment for the last few years.)

I could see Handsome thinking quite hard about this.

Handsome:  "I think I like Obama."

Me: "Why?"

Handsome: "Because with the Dads not working they can stay home and play with their kids more!"

I had to admit that from his point of view, I would agree, more time to play with Dad sounded great.  And actually our kids have enjoyed that aspect of Kent being home a lot more.  There has been more soccer and catch, more bike rides, more cuddles, and more stories read from Daddy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...