Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Projects

So it seems that every Christmas I take on too much. So this year I started early, yet there was still too much, so day by day I had to scale back. But I have had fun making things (even though I have had to stay up to 3 am most nights). I decided this year to make new stockings. I was going to figure it all out and do it during the summer, but of course that didn't happen. So I was learning how to knit socks for the first time as I knit our stockings. I chose to do strips in colors that represent the person, that way when more children come I can just pick colors for them and knit it up using the same pattern. :) Below is Michael's stocking, I have Kent's done, and Emma's almost done, just mine to do still.


Michael also worked with me in making ornaments for family and teachers, ect. It was a fun craft project for us to do together.

This year I have also made many gifts, most of which I can't mention here for fear that someone reading will have a christmas surprise spoiled. :) But I did learn to make fabric dolls. I'll post pictures when they are done. I also am learning some thriftyness, I don't know why I didn' do this earlier, but this year if I didn't have the fabric I wanted, I went to good will, and found the colors and fabric that worked from using the sheets, and curtains there. I got tons of fabric for so cheap this way. Just a tip for others who may want to try it. Just look for stains, and wash well before you cut and use it.

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

The stocking makes me think you can knit me a stocking cap I want for my Austin ... but I'll let you have a month off before I start pestering you. ;) Looks great!

Molly said...

Nice! I'm still not done with my Christmas crafts. Cleaning the ever-messy living room keeps sucking up all my time...

Andrea said...

I love the tree ornament as well as the knit stockings. I need to make us some stockings... maybe I'll knit some. Where did you get the pattern?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...