Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emma's Birthday Party

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Life has been busy, busy, and I have been enjoying every minute of it that I just haven't had the time to post anything. But I had to get some pictures of Emma's birthday party on here! The pictures are in reverse order (it won't let me move them around). Sorry, but I'll just have to explain them and you can enjoy them at the end.

On Emma's actual birthday Kent had to work super long (a 36 hour shift) So I did little things with Emma and Michael. The next day we did a family party. I thought it would be fun and easy to make her cake, 3 toy blocks stacked on top of each other. (I have been watching too much Food Network Cake Challenge. :) I made it but it was a little lop sided. But Emma didn't mind. Then she opened some family gifts.

Then Saturday we had a big family celebration. It was a full house (my home is not that big, so it doesn't take many people to fill it up). One of the games we did was to set out food, a favorite toy, the scriptures, and money and set Emma down to see what she would crawl to and try to predict her future with it. :) She went for the money and scriptures. So I'm figuring she will be very rich and spiritual. :)

My little girl is growing up. 1 Year old! I am loving it, she now can tell us what she wants (most of the time) and is now happy to play in the toy room with (ok actually just near by) Michael. Gives me more time to get things done, like a fabric birthday banner. I'll have to get pictures of that up in a post soon too. Hope you enjoy the pictures of my baby girl getting bigger. :)



2 comments:

Andrea said...

36 hours? Whoa!

Good job on that cake. Looks like it was a party at your house!

Denise said...

Emma is just adorable!!! Can't wait to see her again in person. In the meantime, keep posting pictures and updates! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...