Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Time


The first week of December we started our family traditions of decorating for Christmas. Michael and I decorated the house while Kent was at work. But when he got home he got to put up the fake tree (when growing up I said I would always have a real tree, but the hassle and money became a factor. We have had our fake tree for 5 years now and I love it). As Kent put up the tree Michael and I baked sugar cookies. Then all got to decorate the tree and when everything was done we got to frost and eat the yummy sugar cookies. I have loved doing our traditions this year now that Michael is old enough to understand and enjoy them. We have my button advent calendar I made years ago, but now I realize how perfect it is for Michael, he has to work on his fine motor skills to get the buttons through and he is learning to go left to right and down to start at the left again. What good planning and I didn’t even know it. Also, this is the first Christmas in 2 years that we have not had to have a gate around the tree. Michael is old enough to know not to play with the ornaments and Emma can’t reach them yet. We are having a blast preparing for Christmas this year. What traditions are you starting with your children? We wish you a very happy holiday season!





Emma decided to be a Christmas present and go under the tree


We got snow here! Then it turned to ice and we have had TONS of wind. So much ice and wind that church was canceled on sunday.

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

Enough ice and wind and snow to cancel church? Impossible in Utah. :)

So glad you've got some great traditions to do. It's fun to be the mom and decide which ones you want to keep and what other ones you want to create.

Heather Ales said...

Hey, Kent. This is your Aunt Mary Lou (using Heather's google account). Carolyn sent me your blogsite. Great looking family! Now, I'm sure you know that I need all of your information for genealogy records. I don't have anything on you yet, so all of it would be greatly appreciated. My email address is bestedm@msn.com Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...