Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Poems

I checked out a few books on Father's day from the library, and am really enjoying one.  The name, "Holidays, Festival, and Celebrations: Father's Day" by Ann Heinrichs.  In it there are two poems that I LOVE.  I thought I would share them here.



Daddy’s Footsteps




“Walk a little slower, Daddy,”

Said a little child so small.

“I’m following in your footsteps,

And I don’t want to fall.



“Sometimes your steps are very fast,

Sometimes they’re hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For you are leading me.



“Someday when I’m all grown up,

You’re what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child

Who’ll want to follow me.



“And I would want to lead just right,

And know that I was true;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For I must follow you!”
-Author unknow






Walking with Grandpa



I like to walk with Grandpa,

His steps are short like mine.

He doesn’t say, “Now hurry up!”

He always takes his time.



I like to walk with Grandpa,

His eyes see things like mine do—

Wee pebbles bright, a funny cloud,

Half hidden drops of dew.



Most people have to hurry,

They do not stop and see.

I’m glad that God made Grandpa

Unrushed and young like me.

-Author unknown



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...