Thursday, February 24, 2011

Creating for Baby


I have had fun getting things made for the adorable baby that will soon be here! A Month away! I can't believe it!

So I've made some diaper changing pads. Ones that can be thrown in the washing machine, and of course you need two, in case one is needing washing. And, trying to be thrifty, I did them so that really they will work for boy or girl (you never know what the future holds). I found a tutorial on how to make these on-line. You take a hand towel, some batting to a thinkness you like (the striped has more batting, than the brown), and a cute fabric. Then sew together. Make a strip to fasten. And you are done! (I used a button for the brown, and Velcro for the stripped one). I like how they turned out.


Then I made bibs. When I went through the boy baby stuff I couldn't believe I only had 2 bibs! I am one that really needs bibs for my babies. So I found a tutorial on-line that used old t-shirts, and made some adorable bibs. I used old, yet very soft blankets for the material on theback of the bib, and then a button fastener. (I don't like how little hands can pull the Velcro bibs off). These bibs are for the drool stage of babyhood. :)


I've also knitted hats and booties. I'll have to get pictures of those up here too. :)

4 comments:

Molly said...

Genius! I have leftover fabric and batting I can easily make into changing pads. Perfect!

Andrea said...

I have so much fun reading about your creativity in your projects!

Carol said...

Such clever ideas.

Brown Family said...

How did I miss this post? Love all your stuff. I might have to have my niece copy a few things here and there for her business. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...