Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate!

Ever since I was a teenager and learned that Christ's birthday was really April 6th. I always thought it would be so cool to have Christmas in April. Of course I didn't want to give up December too, so I figured 2 times a year, GREAT! My parents never really went along with it, wonder why? :)

So I realized after Conference that April 6th was close. So I told Handsome that it was Christ's birthday coming up. (I had told him in December that we celebrated Christ's birthday, but it was not his actual birthday). Handsome was so excited that he wanted to go to Christ's birthday party and eat cake with him. So last minute, I decided he was right, we should do something.

So we decided to go to Christ's house and wish him a Happy Birthday. I love the faith of little ones. Michael kept saying how excited he was to see Christ, and to see the nail prints in his hands (he really did listen during the Easter lesson!).

We went to the Seattle temple, touched the walls of the temple, walked through the gardens (Handsome's favorite part, I told him it represented the different gardens, the sacred grove, and garden of Gethsemane) He kept wanting to go back and told everyone we saw that he was going to the garden of Gethsemane again. We went through it 3 times! Then saw the fountain, the angel, read the signs, and saw the different statues.

It was a fun last minute trip (and those that know me, I hardly ever do last minute things!) We were going to do a birthday cake too, but I was worn out from the trip (still struggling with a cold, not fun!). So the cake will be today.

I liked it, I think this will have to be a family tradition!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

That is such a great idea. I love it. I would like to do that in my family too, next year. Thank you for sharing it. Last night Steve and I went to a fireside on "The significance of April 6th" and learned a LOT about the holy land, and even how the fact that Christ was born in the SPRING is all over the new testament--including the fact that the Shepherds were out with their flocks in the meadows at night, not in a cave where they would have been protected during the colder nights, and many other things. The speaker left today with my parents (and 14 other couples) to visit Israel, Jordan, and Egypt :) Cool!! It was AWESOME to learn more about the land over there and the desert symbols that are throughout the scriptures! Again, thank you for sharing this idea with me! Way to be spontaneous!

Denise said...

So cool. I thought about doing something, too, but was too tired. Wonder why? :)

Hopefully the temple tour also gave you good memories of your Dad, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...