Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter


Easter was good, except that we all had bad colds. But we tried to have fun none the less. So Saturday we went to our little city annual Easter egg hunt. It was tons of fun. It is free for all and the kids have to be line up by 9:30am because they say “go” and it is over by 9:31am. I was able to get my sister-in-law to bring her kids this year too. We didn’t see them during the hunt (all her kids were in a different field than Michael) but we meet up after. (here are our husbands with the kids after the hunt)


Then we went to a ward party for lunch and Michael got to do another egg hunt. For him the fun of just putting eggs in his basket was enough to make him happy. (I actually haven’t let him eat any of the candy in the eggs as he was/is sick; poor guy, but I don’t think he realizes that he’s missing out)

Sunday morning Kent got up with Michael and Emma to let me rest some, but I couldn’t miss Michael discovering that the Easter bunny had come. I had put plastic eggs all around our house for Michael and Emma to find at their leisure (I didn’t put any candy in them, which Kent said was cruel, but I don’t see why, Michael wasn’t expecting candy, and I would like to keep that expectation off as long as possible). So Michael found eggs and we cheered when he found some. I hid some in places that I knew Emma would be the first to find (places that she goes to play). We would just cheer and clap when an egg was found during the morning routine, and that was enough to keep Michael and Emma happy. Eventually I asked Michael if the Easter bunny brought baskets. It hadn’t dawned on him yet that morning so then he looked around and found them on top of the piano. He was excited to get a new coloring book, a few pieces of candy, and play dough. Emma got some “little people” figures and an adorable stuff monkey, which has been great for cuddling with as she has been sick.


Sunday I was feeling so miserably sick, but had to go to church to teach sharing time as our President had her baby and was getting released, our secretary was just called and didn’t know what was going on, and we don’t have a current chorister nor pianist. So I couldn’t miss and give everything to the 1s counselor to run as she was already conducting and being the chorister. Kent stayed home with the kids and I taught sharing time and helped keep things running, luckily we got two subs for classes that we didn’t have teachers for and I was so happy when church was over. (that sounds bad, but it was a hard day for me, luckily the primary kids were great!)

Then it was on to cooking for our family Easter dinner. I worried about going, and was willing to stay home to keep everyone from getting sick, but we were told to come anyways. So we had a good dinner and chatted with family. Michael saw parts of Bolt and played. Emma would scream if anyone but me was holding her, so I just cuddled with her most of the time. But all in all it was fun to chat and catch up with family. We got home late. Kent some how still thinks that if the kids go to bed late they will sleep in late, like that has ever happened. Nope they went to bed 3 hours late and woke up 2 hours early! But none the less that was our Easter, and it was a good one. Next year I will try to teach more about Christ, lets hope that we are not as sick as we were this year.

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

I also have kids who don't understand going to sleep late = waking up late. Same thing -- they wake up early if they go to bed late.

I saw those little people things and was so tempted to get them, but we don't do Easter baskets. We are meaner than you -- we don't do the Easter bunny, no public egg hunts, and no baskets. Just a chocolate bunny and this year a stuffed animal from Cystic Fibrosis. So, empty eggs are nothing in comparison to what we make our kids "miss."

Glad you had fun, even though you were sick.

Andrea said...

It's true. For some reason kids don't "sleep in". Sounds like you had a fun Easter even with all the sickness.

Get well soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...