Thursday, October 4, 2012

Learning and Growing

 
For Science, Handsome and I also made a weather vane. We can now tell the direction the wind is coming from.  Handsome is using all his new weather instruments to record the weather each day; temperature, rain, wind speed, and wind direction, as well as coloring a picture to show if it is sunny, cloudy, raining, etc.
 
 
For other science we have started to learn about the water cycle.  And I have to say I just LOVED how this morning when Handsome and I got in the car to drive to swimming class that he commented on the frosted windows.  "Mom, look the sun is turning the frost into water vapor!"  Love those moments when you can say, "Yep, he got it!" 


Also, this first grader is reading from the scriptures each day.  I am so proud that he is able to do it!  After we finished reading from the Book of Mormon as a family in 6 months, I felt impressed to have Handsome read from his own scriptures each day before we start school.  He only reads one column (about 5 verses) but I was amazed at how little help he needed.  I have to give credit to us reading it as a family that familarized him with the words.  He sounds out the difficult words and then realizes he knows it.  So I simply remind him of the story line before he starts reading, and occasionaly he or I stop to discuss what is being said and what it means.  What a smart boy!  One major goal checked off the list.
 



Gorgious is now learning her letter sounds and I started working with her on how to correctly form some letters.  Now all she wants to do is write a string of letters on paper and tell us she wrote us a message.  Too cute, loving the messages from her.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Carol said...

It's cool too that you had your letter about your family's reading the Book of Mormon together read at Stake Conference!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...