Monday, November 1, 2010

Look! No Training Wheels!

Handsome has been wanting to have his training wheels taken off of his bike. I was worried he wasn't ready, but Daddy thought he was, and promised him the next nice day that he would. So on Friday that is just what happened. The entire family was outside cheering him on, teaching, and watching him learn to ride his bike with no training wheels. After half an hour he gave up realizing how hard it was and not likeing the many falls, but he we convinced him to get back on a little later. Three more hours and he had it. Then Grandpa Rowley came over and he had to show off for him, and was able to start by himself as well (but I didn't get any of that on video). I am proud of my little man, though it was hard, and he fell many times, he stayed with it and suceeded! Way to go!


Starting out with Daddy


Litter sister cheering him on




The Big Boy riding his bike! And little sister cheering him on. :)

3 comments:

Kerri said...

WOW! what a BIG day! I STILL remember my big day and the whole family coming out to cheer! And I remember wiping out in front of them all, too, when I got so confident I'd try turning around, which I hadn't practiced. So I remember the whole family then carrying me inside to make it all better with ice cream. Ahhh...good memories.

Brown Family said...

Way to go, Michael! I think younger is better, because their anxiety isn't so great. Unless, of course, they have anxiety issues! :) Good job! (And thanks for posting pics since my filter blocks video. :)

Carol said...

I loved the video! Yeah, Michael!It's hard to believe he's growing up so fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...