Sunday, June 13, 2010

Treasure Box Fashion Show

The other day I was cleaning out my closet and came upon my treasure box. I found my clothes in it from when I was little, including what I think was my baby blessing dress! If I had looked sooner I would have used it for Gorgeous. But oh well. But a lot of the other clothes that I wore, that my talented mother made for me, fit on Gorgeous. So we did a fashion show of Gorgeous wearing my clothes from when I was her age. I even had her wear one today to church. She was so adorable in it! Enjoy the show. ;)




This dress is the only one that I have a picture of me, when I was 3, but too bad I don't have a scanner to do a side by side. :(


This one Gorgeous wore to church today. I just had to add a white shirt to make it modest. :)



It is funny, but I actually remember wearing this one. I vaguely remember it, but I have this memory of my mom picking me up from what must have been nursery and talking to a lady about the dress I was wearing and how my mom had made it.

And this last one I just threw in for fun. This is what Gorgeous decided to wear when I let her dress herself. :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Christina, those were beautiful on Emma!--and what memories they evoked! You kept them very well! I was afraid that they might get moldy or something in our damp climate, but they looked pretty good! I even still have some of those patterns and some are multi sizes if you want to experiment yourself.

Carol said...

Oh, I forgot, I think my scanner is working pretty good if you wanted to scan from our computer and send it to yours to get a side-by side. That would be precious to have the comparison of you and Emma at about the same age!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I remember Mom picking out the patterns and fabric. Then I remember the hum of the sewing machine from our room, as she made them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...